Garage Liability and Garagekeepers
Making sure you can take care of your customers!
As a business in the auto industry, you understand the importance of making your customers feel safe and appreciated. Having the proper coverage when handling their vehicles ensures their trust and your dependability in the auto repair shop. Businesses who are engaged in selling, servicing, storing or parking autos, should consider garage liability coverage and garagekeepers coverage.
A garage liability policy will cover your vehicles, tow trucks, repair autos, and the use of customers' vehicles, but not the customer's vehicle itself.
- Bodily injury and property damage to others
- Fire, theft and vandalism
- Storm damage
To cover direct damage to your customers' vehicles while they are in your care, you will need a garagekeepers policy.
A garagekeepers policy can be set up in three ways:
- Legal Liability: covers damage to your customers' vehicles when you are negligent or would be judged negligent
- Direct Primary: even if fault does not fall on you as a business owner, your insurance will pay for any damage done to the customer's car while in your care
- Direct Excess: pays up to the value of the damaged vehicle above the owner's coverage
On-Hook coverage is available if you are ever towing a customer's vehicle and accidental damage occurs to their vehicle such as collision, fire, theft, or vandalism.
Our agency insures a number of garages and can provide you with the advice and coverage you need to risk manage your business. Give us a call today to hear more about obtaining a garage policy!
Call it your customers'-brakes-fell-out-of-the-front-of-the-car-while-test-driving-it-on-a-hill coverage.